DRC Train Over 900 Youths In Yobe

By Sadiq Haruna

Danish Refugees Council (DRC) an NGO, Yobe state branch train over 900 youths in two local governments and where offered certificates of participation, on Wednesday 30th June 2021.

DRC which was funded by the European Union, EU, trained 455 youths in Buni Yadi and 450 youths from Gulani local government.

The non governmental organization, DRC provide 16 areas of specialization for the youths and all the participants were given the chance to choose what they want to specialize on and these includes tailoring, carpentering , welding, aluminum fabrication, auto electrician, barbing. Groundnut oil processing, phone repairs, shoe making etc.

All participants were given chance to chose area of interest because most of the youths are known of selling tools and squandering cash grand given to them, according to Mr Musa Boyiza “if option are not given to them to choose what they actually want they behave as they want. They choose among the 16, we teach them”

The livelihood and manager of DRC, Mr Musa Boyiza express his gratitude to the local governments chairmen, NDE, community leaders and master trainers for their support.

The selected candidate who underwent through series of training were given certificate of participation and promised to be given cash grand by July, 2021 according to DRC manager, Mr Boyiza.

Both the chairmen of the two local governments agreed and assured DRC, that a committee was set up to monitor the participant way of using the money that will be given to them.

Only 70 percent of the cash grand will be given to the participants, the remaining 30 percent will be given to the participants that maintain their start up business in accordance.

Business plans, courage, good satisfaction of customers, customers feedback, price tags and all other things a new business starter need was thought to all the participants during period of their lesson. The lesson, which last for 6 months

Tailoring trainees in Gulani local government kick off by making clothes for orphans. Nahor Yakubu, a participant said they contributed money and buy materials to make new clothes for orphans within the community in other to show appreciation. Yakubu said, “DRC had been very supportive to us and our communities, we can’t pay them rather we appreciate them by helping the orphans just as they helped us”.

In their fight against poverty and enlighten of youths to be independent DRC are looking forward to empower other youths as soon as they can.

Leave a Reply